Enter the Forest | Photo Book
The photo book Enter the Forest shows the German forest from its calm and unobtrusive side. Diverse forest landscapes, largely left to itself, unfolding their unique charm through careful observation. Often only transient moments of an ever-changing flora, captured on analog film.
A minimalistic book design gives each photo enough space to breathe. The entire project (photos, scans, printing, binding, etc.) emphasizes the best possible quality and sustainability.
All photographs for this project were taken primarily in northern and southern German forests between 2014 and 2020.
The photo book project was partially funded through a kickstarter crowdfuning campaign.
- 54 Color Photographs, captured on medium format film
- 128 pages, bound by thread stitching and gluing.
- Landscape format, 30 cm x 24 cm / 11.8” x 7.9” inch
- Coated paper 200g/m², bright white matte (100% Recycled)
- Offset printed with a fine screening
- partial coating on the photos
- Cloth hardcover with gold embossing.
- Dust jacket, matte scratch-resistant cellophane finish.
- Text in English and German
- Made in Germany
- Published by Kehrer Verlag
The beautifully offset printed postcards will feature a selection of forest photos from the book.
You have the option to choose between two and four randomly selected postcards or to take the complete set of eight postcards. The complete set includes a nice collector’s box to protect and store the postcards.
- Size is 14,8 x 10,5 cm / 5.8″ x 4.1″ inch (DINA6)
- 360g/m² bright white recycling paper
- scratch resistant UV matte coating on the image side
- Offset printed
- 8 different postcards with photos from the book
- Postcard Collectors box (For the complete postcard set only, limited to 300)
- Made in Germany
Personally, I prefer to wear t-shirts with a minimal design and no text. So it was a perfect fit to use my hand painted book logo design for one. The organic cotton from the shirts really feels smooth and robust and has a normal fit.
The photos will be printed on high quality photo paper. This “Fine Art Print” has a satin look and feel like a traditional photo print. It also allows a high color reproduction and shows fine details to let the photo look alive. Once you selected a print for your order, you’ll get a link to a preview gallery where you can choose your favorite photos from the book.
I recommend framing the photo prints with a natural white passepartout in a plain frame, as shown in the example above. This will make the print stand out even more in your living room or office. However, I will also be happy to help you find a suitable frame for your selected photos. (Frame and passepartout are not included).
Note: You can also add more prints without additional shipping costs.
- print size 30 x 22,5 cm / 12,5 x 8,3 inch
- slim white border around the photo. Outside measure 30,8 x 23,3 cm / 12,1 x 9,2 inch of the paper.
- Ilford Smooth Pearl, satin, 310 g/m²
- Signed on the verso on label
- Exclusive in combination with a book order.
- Professional photo lab “Fine Art Print” by “Open Eyes” in Hamburg.
You can also order aluminium dibonds prints seperatly from the book at your desired size.
Order Book and Extras
The signed photo book can be ordered in different tier packages and with other extras. The T-shirts can also be purchased separately.
To order the book, send me an email with your chosen book level, addons and your shipping address. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks!